Saturday, February 1, 2014

Morning Artwork

Madeleine has been coloring nearly non-stop this morning.  Among her many artistic masterpieces are this stunning self-portrait:






Wow!  I mean, it looks *so* much like Madeleine I'm surprised I even had to ask her what she had drawn.


ME: So Madeleine, can you tell me what you drew here?
MADELEINE: It's a picture of me. 
ME: Oh.  And what are you wearing?
MADELEINE: Um, GLASSES.  I just bought them.  In the picture, I bought them, because I thought I might like it. 
ME: What else is on your face?
MADELEINE: Um, so TWO marks, that are really STAMPS.  They're PIRATE stamps.  The circles are my EARS.  I have two ponytails, and I growed BANGS in the picture.
ME: What made you decide to draw yourself with glasses?
MADELEINE: I just wanted to.  I thought I wanted to be like a GRANDPA.

Well, she sure achieved her goal.  It totally looks like Grandpa Madeleine.  Not like a Frankenstein-like experimental head with wandering eyeballs.


Madeleine also drew this deceptively innocent picture:






As I said on facebook, this could easily be interpreted as a picture of a zombie next to a tombstone.  And the creepy backwards letters?  Shiver.  How about the many-bladed machete hands?? 

But, no, believe it or not, this is just a simple picture of a little girl out enjoying the snowfall.


MADELEINE: So, there's a DOOR, and there's SNOW in the front, and these are CLOUDS (pointing at the blue scribbles up top), and I know that these are the letters (pointing to "I love it see"), and this is a kid named Emma, (pointing at the zombie). and she LOVES the snow.  And her boots are deep in the snow.  And THAT'S her coat, that is fluffy.  And her hood is over her hair.  And she has two side bangs.  One.. (falling over and crashing into the little metal garbage can, but continuing to talk nevertheless) side bang goes on her eye.  All of the LUMPY STUFF is the snow.

Yipes.  I would NOT want to see what's behind that door.  To reference Julia's Barbie doll song from the other day, "A door, a door, I don't wanna be a door."  I don't even want to be anywhere near that door.

Something tells me Madeleine has a brilliant career awaiting her in costume and set design for the horror film industry.


No comments:

Post a Comment