Sunday, February 16, 2014

Church Day

Today at church, the girls were thrilled to see that their friends Loula and Will, whose Yiayia sings up in the choir with me, were attending for the morning. 

Julia felt VERY special and important during the service because she got to show Loula the ropes.  As Julia explained, "Mom, so, Loula was, like, talking to me the whole time at church asking me what she was supposed to be DOING, so I was showing her."

Madeleine, not to be outdone, then chimed in with her contributions, "And Mama.  I was helping Will.  So.  This is what I said.  I said, 'Okay, Will, here is what you DO.' and I showed him my sign of the cross so he could make the sign of the cross."

Julia was quick to add Madeleine's other contributions.

JULIA: Yeah, and Madeleine was talking to Will on and on about a BASILISK!
MADELEINE: Well Julia, that's because I wanted to teach him what a baskilisk IS.

Important stuff to know at church, for sure.

At Sunday school, since the regular teacher wasn't there, the kids got to engage in free art. 

Julia drew some very Julia-ish pictures, complete with hearts, peace signs, and crosses:



Madeleine drew her usual freakish ghoul pictures:






According to Madeleine, the moon is pooping in this picture.  I'm not sure what the red bird-like creature with purple bun is supposed to be doing though.  Exuding gamma rays to blast the poop to oblivion?

Madeleine had many more pictures to show me:


The moon is pooping in this picture, as well. 
(I'm *so* glad she drew these at church.)

At least Madeleine included SOME crosses in her artwork, even if they do accompany a geometrical ghoul-robot:






On the other side of the above drawing, she drew more girls, these ones with her classic soul-sucking O-mouth:



At least the sun isn't pooping in this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment