Saturday, February 22, 2014

The Haircut

Auntie Shannon offered to give Julia a haircut sometime today, by which Julia assumed to mean right that instant

The morning went something like this:

JULIA: Auntie Shannon?  Are you going to give me my haircut yet?
AUNTIE SHANNON: Not yet, honey.  I need to rest for a little bit.  I promise I'll do it later.

Two minutes later

JULIA: Auntie Shannon?  Is it time for my haircut yet?
AUNTIE SHANNON: Honey, I just told you. I need to rest for a little bit first.

Two minutes later

JULIA: (sighing with exasperation) But WHEN are you going to do my HAIRCUT?
AUNTIE SHANNON: I promise you I'll do it later.  But you need to stop asking about it now.

Five minutes later

JULIA: Auntie Shannon, am I doing a good job NOT ASKING?
AUNTIE SHANNON: Not asking what?
JULIA: Not asking about my HAIRCUT!

At long last, Julia got her promised haircut, and we have all been admiring her shorter locks all day long.  Even Madeleine can't seem to resist commenting on Julia's 'do.

MADELEINE: (in the middle of dinner) I just CAN'T get off of my minds of her haircut!

Aha!  I *knew* it.  Madeleine has not one mind, but multiple MINDS.  She apparently lives in more than one mental plane.  No wonder she comes up with the most random thoughts and comments.  She must be transferring conversations over from one of her other minds.

At any rate, Julia does look pretty cute with a few inches of her bushy mane chopped off:





Of course, being the fashionista she is, Julia dressed up her look even more when she went outdoors today.  Enlivened by the 50-degree weather and sunny skies, Julia decided it was spring and opted for a t-shirt, capri pants, loafers and sunhat:



You've seen it first here, ladies and gents!  Spring fashion preview!  Loafers and sunhats are the MUST-FOLLOW trends for the upcoming season.  Trust me, once you've seen this high-styling look, you won't be able to get off of your MINDS of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment