Sunday, August 31, 2014

Happy Birthday, Mome!

What a treasure trove of gifts I received from my darling daughters for my birthday!


From Julia, this card:


These pictures:


(Apparently Julia thinks it's not actually my birthday, but instead it's Halloween.)

And this BRAND NEW book!:

Alley Goes Everywhere
By Julia Rowe


"Alley walked to the grocery store.  She was going everywhere."
(I *never* would have guessed that from the title of the book.)


"I'll get some apples and bananas along with the grapes.'  Alley walked into the toy store and skipped along the eisles."


"I'll get a toy space shuttle and a flotty along with a necklace.'  Alley walked into a resterunt and smelled a delicus smell."
(BTW, I thought the object on the left was going to be a pink frosted donut, but I guess it must be the flotty.  Clearly it was NOT the source of the delicus smell after all.  The middle toy, yet another instance of phallic drawings by my children, must be the space shuttle.  And apparently Alley wants to buy a square-shaped necklace.)


"I'll get a nice big pizza, along with meatballs and noodles.'  Alley walked into the donut shop and went to look at them."
(Aha!  NOW we're getting to the donuts.)


"I'll get a chocolate donut with a cinimmin one too!'  Alley stepped into her house."
(Sheesh, Alley.  Pig out much??)


"And now I'll fall on my bed."
(No wonder!  After going EVERYWHERE, not to mention the food coma Alley must be in at this point!  Nighty-night, Alley!)


From Madeleine:
A princess card for me!  I am simply the luckiest mome in the world.  (Speaking of, according to Ethan, Madeleine attempted to sound out the word "Mommy" all on her own.  I'm like WALL-E.  MOM-E.)


Aww, what a sweet picture of Madeleine and I holding arm-stubs.  We may not have hands, but we have ALL the love in the world!

Thanks, my wonderful daughters, for making today so special!!

3 comments: