Friday, August 29, 2014

Singing Barbies

Julia's Barbie dolls got musical again today, performing one song after another under the dining room table.  I managed to capture a few of the songs on video; Julia was quickly wise to the fact that I was recording her, but at least this time she didn't freak out about becoming famous.  Speaking of, the reason why Julia is so appalled at the idea of fame for her singing is because, in her words, "If I ever got famous I would want it to be for, like, the Underground Railroad, or, like, being Abigail Adams, or, like, being PRESIDENT or something.  I would never want to be famous for just, like, being a POP star!"

Well, okay then.

I still think Julia's made up Barbie songs are pretty fun to listen to, despite her contempt for the idea of being a pop star.  Take a listen:




The above was performed by Julia's doll Luna, who is actually marketed as a pop singer and came with a guitar and microphone.  Next up to sing was Rapunzel; don't be confused by the double voices you hear in this video.  Rapunzel does not actually have the ability to Tuvan thoat sing two different tones at once.  The other voice you hear is that of Anna (played by Madeleine) warming up and practicing for her big turn on the stage:




And for those of you who didn't see this on facebook, Madeleine got busy making music on her own today:




I don't know, girls.  You're both pretty capable of music-making.  If I had to hedge my bets on what Julia and Madeleine might be famous for someday, I think I'd have to pick the possibility of a musical future over being Abigail Adams.  What do you all think??

No comments:

Post a Comment