Friday, August 15, 2014

Piano Play

Now that I'm teaching Madeleine how to play the piano, we seem to be a family that's a little chock-heavy on musicans and a little light on pianos.  As is the case with our bathroom, one piano just doesn't seem to be enough to serve four users.  Or, perhaps I should say, some of the little budding pianists don't understand that OTHER PEOPLE IN THE HOUSE need to get access to the piano, too.  Yesterday my practice time was usurped by Madeleine, who decided to sit down and pound out C major scales over and over and over again while I was trying to work on the music for my upcoming choral season.  Furthermore, the kids themselves are frequently fighting over who gets to use the piano to practice. (Or trying to practice their songs at the same time while elbow-nudging each other out of the way.)

Yes, I know that I shouldn't be complaining that two of my piano students are fighting over who gets to practice first. 

Anyway, when we ARE actually taking our turns properly, it's fun to hear the various songs the girls are working on.  Today I got Madeleine on video, playing a new song she just started learning two days ago.  Complete with piano lapses and filler buzzing-lip trill noises and everything!:




Of course, Julia was eager to play after Madeleine was done, so I videoed one of her songs, as well.  And like the totally with-it Mom that I am, I forgot to turn the video off when Julia was done so you get some nice, dizzying sideways-camera footage of me walking back through the dining room before I realized it was still recording!:




You know what they say: the family that makes music together stays together!

2 comments: