Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My children make an impression

Yesterday afternoon, our baby-sitter had to unexpectedly cancel, so I wound up bringing the girls along with me to my piano student's house. This is a house they have only been to a handful of times, and they're not terribly familiar with my student's mother. They certainly didn't let that unfamiliarity deter them, however; instead, they seemed determined to show her their true colors. Here is what my client got to experience:

Madeleine was fascinated by their guinea pig (she still follows him around saying "Woof?" like she did on our first visit), but was even more fascinated with his apple core snack. In fact, she was so interested in the apple core that she couldn't control herself from picking it up and taking a huge hunk of a bite out of it. Several times. Every time I would look over to see how she was doing, she was walking around chomping out of the guinea pig's apple core, declaring "Apple! Mmmmm!" Ick.

Julia, on the other hand, decided to keep my client company in the kitchen, yapping her ear off. Now, if you were a kid hanging out with and adult you don't know very well, what story would you decide to tell them? Naturally, Julia decided to fill my client in on her booty call dance. "Did you know that I made up a dance that I call the BOOTY CALL dance? And me and my friend Nate get dressed up and we do the BOOTY CALL dance and that's what I named it, the BOOTY CALL dance and I just dance all around and do the BOOTY CALL dance."

I can't even imagine a better way for either child to make an impression on my student or her mother.

And on a completely different topic, Madeleine is still obsessed with Julia's paper doll princesses, although they're no longer singing "So wo FAAAAAAALL!!" today, but instead are eating food from the play kitchen. Here is Madeleine feeding one of the princesses:



I wonder if it's as delicious as the guinea pig's apple core.

1 comment:

  1. It's been a long time since we saw the booty call dance; I'm excited to see it make a comeback! Hopefully she and Cracky will do it in Julia's crack house.

    ReplyDelete