Friday, April 1, 2011

Pennywhistle Concert

Julia gave an entire concert on the pennywhistle tonight while I cooked dinner:



I have to admit to only paying her half my attention as she called out inquiries like, "How did that sound, Mama?" and "Did that sound like it wasn't quite right?" I encouraged her and assured her that her squeaky squeaks sounded beautiful, and she seemed perfectly content to continue whistling away without me in the room. I didn't realize at the time that the reason she was not insisting I come watch her was that she already had her own audience. It wasn't until she announced to me, "I think baby chick was the best listener, because Jack-o-lantern wasn't really looking, and he was, like, talking the whole time," that I realized I had no idea what she was talking about. I walked into the dining room to find Julia's captive audience:



I leave you with this final word from the performer herself, who has been hovering over my shoulder the whole time I type, begging to add her own words:

jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjullllllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtyui

No comments:

Post a Comment