Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Julia's tooth and Julia's bath

Julia lost her second tooth last night:



She now has not only two gaps in her bottom row of teeth, but two dollars in Tooth Fairy money to boot. And in that amazing attention to little details that kids seem to possess and adults seem to have forgotten, she made the following comment while admiring her money this morning: "Mom, these two look the same, but they're not, because this one has an F and this one has a G!":




And in other news, Ariel had quite an adventure in the bath tub last night. This adventure did not involve her MAGIC POWEEEEEEERS, but instead her pursuit of the handsome prince. She and her mother shopped for the perfect dress to wear to the royal ball, choosing between one of two washcloths draped around Ariel's fish tail, and Julia was sure to convey Ariel's anticipation of the ball as she woke up on the big day:

JULIA: "Good morning mother!" as she leaped out of bed with excitement.

The plot then digressed a bit as Ariel dealt with her laundry, but Julia was well able to tie the laundry idea back into the delight over the perfect dress:

JULIA: And in the morning, we woke up with our slippers on, and SPREAD them off, and leaped them into the washing machine, where Ariel's pillow and blanket were.

This doing of the laundry was accompanied by a long song; perhaps a variation of the "Whistle While You Work" idea:

ARIEL: (singing) So washed what you would see, washed what you would see, waaaashed whaaaaat you would seeeeeee...

The song ended abruptly when Ariel stumbled upon her dress in the wash:
ARIEL: Oh, my little dress! I'll hang it up to dry. My wish came true! My dress!

So off she headed to the ball, where she went after the Prince with wild abandon. Unfortunately, he was none too impressed with the washcloth dress and needed some convincing:

PRINCE: But I don't wanna marry you!
ARIEL: But if you just wait a second... I'm not scared! I came over in this dress!
PRINCE: Well, if you say so, then fine, I'll marry you. I guess that dress is fine.
JULIA: (singing in imitation of wedding bells) Dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun!

Sadly, this was not the happily ever after for Ariel, whose fortune took a bad turn when she lost her balance immediately after the ceremony:

JULIA: Splash! as she fell into the water.
ARIEL: I'm sorry, I don't think I can do this!
PRINCE: What? (Gasp!) She's one of those mermaids! Capture her!

The Prince had turned on her. This wasn't looking good.
After a bit of a chase, Ariel and the Prince were able to reconcile, and I guess he decided he liked her fish tail better than her washcloth dress, because before you knew it, they were back to being married and happy together. If you ask me, Ariel should have ditched the prince way back when he told her he didn't want to marry her, but then again, I was not the mastermind behind this whole enactment.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Another tooth gone and more to come? Are those big girl teeth erupting yet? Can't wait to see that new smile! Love, Yiayia

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me way too long to figure out what one has an F and one has a G meant in that picture. I guess it was only a matter of time before Julia's observational skills and smarts surpassed mine!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete