Wednesday, September 30, 2015

All About Madeleine

Last night, Ethan and I went to Curriculum Night for Madeleine's class.  We got to explore her classroom and look through a packet called "All About Me" that each child had filled out.

Madeleine's started out with a self-portrait:






She even drew her gold hoop earrings.  Nice attention to detail!


Next in the packet was:

My favorite color is: (illegible response that means "pink.")

Okay.  First of all, clearly there was no pink crayon available to color in the pink crayon.  Because it's red.  Secondly, under the erasure marks, it looks as if Madeleine had written "Pinc" with a "P" facing the correct direction.  Why she erased that to write "ping" with a backwards "P" is beyond me.  It looks more like "qing," which sounds like some sort of exotic Chinese floral shade or something.

Aaaanyways, next in the packet:

The color of my eyes: brown

Except Madeleine's eyes are white in this picture.  And I think she'd better go to the doctor to get that brown sclera checked out.


Next page:

My birthday is: October 2nd
I have 1 sibling.
I have 0 pets.
I want to be a her cadr when I grow up.

Madeleine's aspirations of being a hair cutter when she grows up are right in line with Julia's hopes to be a waitress and a lifeguard back when she was in kindergarten and first grade.  Dream BIG, Rowe girls.


And finally:

My favorite:

Food: "pasda ane badr" (pasta and butter)
Book: "Kood beee Hree Pdr" (could be Harry Potter)
Toy:  "I doot no" (I don't know.)  LAME, Madeleine.  You could have totally named one of your millions of toys.  Every day you have a new favorite.  Total cop-out answer.
Animal: "banee" (bunny)
Friend: "Jalia" (Julia)  Madeleine seems to think that lower-case "a" and "u" are written the same way.
Place: "bloow" (Blue).  Ah, Blue, the restaurant where Madeleine wants to have her birthday dinner.  I didn't know that was her favorite place.  I would have thought Story Land, or Rosemary Pool, or the homes of Nana & Gramps or Yiayia would rank up higher than Blue, but what do I know. 


Well, after reading through that packet I can definitely say I learned a lot of things about Madeleine that I didn't previously know!








No comments:

Post a Comment