Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Extra, Extra, Read All About It!

During a recent play-date, Julia and a friend decided to make a "school" newspaper. 

There was some VERY SERIOUS news reporting, writing, and editing going on in her room:




Their extensive labor was not in vain, as the full newspaper is now out in print!  I present to you:

News for Now


This fantastic young newspaper has pages devoted to such interesting topics as:




As well as full pages dedicated solely to statements such as:

"We hope you liked our newspaper so far!"

and:
"Hope you enjoy our nexxt newpaper........."



Now, with a journal this informative, you can imagine the jealousy of anyone left out of its production.  Madeleine was steamed, as you can imagine.  To combat her feelings of being left behind, she decided to write her OWN newspaper. 

I'm not sure if this newspaper has a name, as no title appears, but I will share with you some of its brightest and most engaging pages:

Grrayt Prresudit

"GRRAYT BRRG1 OBOMU2 WUS TEY GRRAYTIST PRRESUDIT INPORDIT SDUF IS GRRAYT.  LOVE YOU."

1 Barack
2 Obama 

I believe the frowning man with two noses in the upper left corner is the Grrayt Brrg Obomu himself.


"ON OGIST 31 IT WUS MOMYS BTHDAY.  IN THE (morning, inadvertently left out) I WOKT INTO MOMS ROYM AYD WISHD HR AY HABE BRTHDYA.  SHE SED THAYQ YOU THEN WEN SHE WOK WEE HAD PAYNCAYCS.  WEE GAYV HR PRREZ.  SHE LOVED THEM INTIL I CAYMM OVR AYD KCRROST AWT MY NAYM.  SHE LOVED THE REST THO."

This really did all happen.  Madeleine even really did cross her name off of the picture she and Julia had made me because she was jealous that Julia had more presents for me than she herself did.  And I'm sure EVERYONE in the world wants to read about the mundane details of my birthday morning, right?


"IYM SOW ICKSIYDID FOR OL UV THE FAYS1 TO BE HER.  NAW ID JEST LEYC TO THAYKC EVEWUN UV LO THE RUSHING OVR ME.  NAW THEC YOU EVERWUN."

1 Fans, maybe?!?  She's got me a little stumped on this one.

I'm also not sure I understand much of the rest after "I'd just like to thank everyone."  But that's okay, I think I get the idea.  She's thanking us.  We're all grrayt! 


This is it, folks.  I'm cancelling my regular hometown paper.  From now on it's News for Now and Madeleine's nameless newspaper or BUST! 

No comments:

Post a Comment