Saturday, September 26, 2015

Birthday List

With her birthday party only a week away, Madeleine sat down to fine-tune the details of the big event.  With pen and notebook, she began a list of the important things we need to do to make the party perfect.


MADELEINE: Okay.  Mama.  Looks like there's gonna be TWENTY-SEVEN steps!

Madeleine decided to number the steps before actually coming up with any ideas.  I reminded her that we have rented a venue for the party, so we won't actually have to do much of the party planning, but Madeleine thought otherwise.  She even has it in mind that we're going to have a chance to play the non-existent game "Pin the Ponytail on Draculaura," despite the fact that it's a plaster painting party.

However, I think 27 tasks proved to be too many even for Madeleine's expansive imagination.  You can see how slim the pickings became by the time she reached task 14 or so:






BATH DAY
PUR DEE

1) BULOOS
2) HAINGING UP PIN THE PONEE TEL ON JACYULORRU
3) DEGURADING
4) PLAS
5) GRRINCS1
6) MACING SHOR THAT OL UV THE PEPL OR HEER
7) BRING WODR
8) CUP CACS
9) GOO DEE BAGS
10) FORCS
11) SAING HIIY WEN THE GEST GET THER
12) PEESU2
13) SEEING HAW BYOUDUFL IT IS
14) WR GING FAST
15) TRN ON THE LES
16) RL UP THE SHAS


1 Drinks
2 Pizza


As you can see, we only made it to task 16, and given the fact that Madeleine has resorted to ideas like turning on the lights and rolling up the shades, I don't think we're going to make it through the whole 27.  But that's okay!  I'm not sure I can handle all the party prep as it is.  Adding things like seeing how beautiful it is and working fast to the list, I'm going to be totally overloaded.  I'm glad I don't have another 11 tasks to further fill my plate!

No comments:

Post a Comment