Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Dinner Chatter

The kids are on two TOTALLY different planes at dinner this evening.

JULIA: Mommy?  Did you know about the earthquake in Lisbon?
ME: Uh, no. What happened??  Did it happen today?
JULIA: (looking at me like I'm a dunce) It was in 1755.
ME: Oh. What?? How do you know that?
JULIA: Because it was in a book I'm reading, called "Earthquakes and Other Natural  Disasters."
ME: Oh.

Meanwhile, in the seat next to Julia:

MADELEINE: (talking her two Beanie Baby toys) Don't say the "H" word!
ME: Madeleine, what's the "H" word?
JULIA: (cutting in) I bet it's "hate."
MADELEINE: It's "in HERE."
ME: The "H" word is "here?"
MADELEINE: It's "IN here."
ME: Why is "in here" the "H" word?
MADELEINE: It's just kind of gross when people say "in HERE."


Yeah.  Totally.  I dig you, Madeleine. 

My kids are not weird or random.

1 comment:

  1. Random thoughts and their confusing consequences!!

    ReplyDelete