Monday, January 26, 2015

Still Germy

I do believe that Ethan and I jinxed ourselves over the MLK weekend when we both lamented about how lovely it had been to have a long weekend at home and how we wished every weekend could be that way.

Because, lucky us, we got to extend this past weekend as well, with all four Rowes home together today, sick from work and school.







Julia and I are back on two feet, at least, although we're both still coughing pretty severely (in fact, my entire rib cage area feels bruised from the violent bouts of coughing I've been having.  At this point I would rather asphyxiate in my own chest mucus than have to heave my muscles with another coughing spasm.)

This picture basically sums up how Madeleine and Ethan are doing:






It's a definite thumbs-down for both of them.  My poor babies.


At least at this point, since we've all been infected, we're no longer going through such rigor to contain our germs.  No more insistent purell-ing, no more going into isolated quarters to release a coughing fit.  Now we're all just coughing and sneezing in each other's faces and snuggling our fever-laden children with our cheeks pressed up against their snot-covered cheeks. 

I am hoping and praying that the household will be well before too long, because this has truly been the pits.  But hey, at least we have 2-3 feet of snow coming in overnight through Wednesday, so we have that to look forward to, right??

No comments:

Post a Comment