Friday, January 16, 2015

School Papers by Julia

Julia recently brought home a pile of writing work from school. 

Among the papers was this very sweet letter of appreciation:

"Dear Mommy and Daddy,

You are good at teaching me music.  Mommy, you make me better at piano, and make me love piano and Daddy, you are good at teaching me to match the beat in songs.  Lots of love,

Julia Rowe."

This just melted my heart.  Although you've got to admit that "Julia Rowe" is kind of a formal sign-off for a letter to mom and dad, no??


Julia has also proven that she may look just like her daddy, but she has her mommy's preferences in life!  Her history of favorite colors green, pink and tropical violet have now led to a new current favorite:

"My favorite color is light blue because it is the color if the sky, it is the color of the ocen and it is bright.  Because it is my mom's favorite color.  It seems happy.  It reminds me of butiful days.  And great weather.  And it is a butiful color.  And it reminds me of my swim team bathing suit."

I feel ya, Julia!  In fact, during the winter doldrums, I find myself googling image after image of places like Fiji, surrounded by butiful bright blue ocen, just to live vicariously for a few minutes in the great weather.  I am most definitely longing for the color of the sky to be blue right now and for some bright blue ocan surrounding me. 

Turns out the love of warm weather is something else Julia and I have in common:

"Summer is my favorite season because I like to go on vacaiton.  Because I like to have barbiques with my friends when it is hot out.  I like summer because I like to swim at the pool.  Because I like to play outside.  Because it is hot out.  Because I like to ride my bike.  Because I like to play in my house.  Because I like to play in the sprinkler.  Because I like to go to the Cape.  Because I like to eat ice cream and frozen yougort and to see the fireworks on the fourth of July.  That iw why summer is my favorite season."

Right on, Julia.  Let's go on vacaiton RIGHT NOW, to somewhere with butiful blue skies and a butiful blue ocen! 


1 comment:

  1. Yeah Julia asked if her bridesmaid dress could be light blue because it's her favorite color. And she wants to carry ruby red roses and wear gem-studded white shoes. Luckily, the exact color scheme I was thinking of!!

    ReplyDelete