Friday, January 30, 2015

Mad Libs

Julia had to miss a friend's birthday party last weekend, due to being sick, but she was lucky enough to receive a goody bag regardless.  This afternoon after school, Julia sat down to work on the book of Mad Libs that had been part of the goody bag.


JULIA: Mom?  It says "Celebrity," then it says "Same Celebrity," so how do I know which celebrity to put?
ME: "Same celebrity" means you put the same person you just wrote down.
JULIA: But how do I know which one?
ME: Well, say you put "Emma Watson."  So then when it says "Same Celebrity," you write down "Emma Watson" again.
JULIA: No, but I mean, at the BEGINNING it says "Celebrity."  Then near the END it says "Celebrity," and then it says "Same Celebrity."  So how do I know WHICH one to write?
ME: Ohhh.  You write the celebrity name you most recently used.

Once that was cleared up, Julia became stumped once again on which celebrity to choose.

JULIA: Wait, Mommy?  If someone is DEAD, can he still be a celebrity?
ME: Uh, yeah, sure.

I sat there wondering, "How does she know which celebrities have died??"  I certainly don't share the news of drug overdoses and heart attacks in the celebrity world with Julia.  Maybe she was thinking of a celebrity whose character dies in a movie?  Dumbledore?  Nemo's mother?

Turns out Julia had a very different idea of what constitutes celebrity status than I do.  Her idea of a celebrity has nothing to do with wealth or paparazzi, which I must say puts me to shame.

Here's the excerpt from Mad Libs that uses the "Celebrity" and "Same Celebrity" blanks, with Julia's fill-ins:

"Please RSV-Z to me by e-mail at iluv-Thomas Alva Edison@Thomas Alva Edison.com."

Thomas Alva Edison!  Woo-hoo!  Now THAT is one hot celeb. 







In all seriousness, I'd take him over Paris Hilton any day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment