Friday, November 28, 2014

Next up: Christmas!

Well, Thanksgiving is over and the kids have switched into FULL-OUT Christmas mode.  They have already watched "Frosty the Snowman," "A Muppets Christmas Carol," Disney's "A Christmas Carol," and the re-make of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" today. 

During the Disney "Christmas Carol," Madeleine explained why she prefers this version to the Muppets one.

MADELEINE: I like THIS one, because you get to see Jacob Marley's DEAD face.


She is not creepy at all.


We also got our Christmas tree today, and the girls were ECSTATIC about decorating it with me.  Julia was very diligent in trying to spread the ornaments equally around the tree, but Madeleine, despite her artistic eye, decided that speed at hanging the most amount of ornaments possible was the key.  I had to secretly move some ornaments around, as I found several branches upon which two or more ornaments were hung. 

Julia is radiant with the Christmas spirit already, exclaiming, "Oh, I just LOVE Christmas, because it's so SPECIAL!  And Mommy?  When we have our Christmas tree and I wake up to pee in the night, well, in the MORNING I go and look at the tree because I just LOVE staring at it!"

Not quite sure what the peeing in the night has to do with Julia going to look at the tree in the morning, but hey, I appreciate the extra potty details added to her description of Christmas love.

Take a look at the job the girls and I did with the ornaments:







The next 27 days are going to be OVERLOADED with excitement in the Rowe household, folks!  Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment