Saturday, November 29, 2014

Another Random Betdime Remark

After several moments of lying in silence in her bed this evening, Madeleine suddenly piped up with something completely random.

MADELEINE: Mama?  There's THREE things that are different.  Number one is: shorter hair.
ME: What's different about what?
MADELEINE: (as if I'm an idiot for not knowing) About me and Emily Binx!

Emily Binx.  Again.  Emily Binx comes back into the picture every few months or so.  I don't think we're EVER going to be rid of her.  Which is especially ridiculous given that she is the most minor of all characters in "Hocus Pocus."

MADELEINE: So, number ONE is shorter hair.  Number TWO is: I don't wear a hat all the time.  Number...number...number three is...is...is...
ME: She has blue eyes?
MADELEINE: (surprised) She does??
ME: Yeah.
MADELEINE: Oh.  So, then there's FOUR things different.  Number THREE is blue eyes.  Number FOUR is...I don't wear all white all the time.

And with that off her chest, she settled in to sleep.  Good thing I'm now aware of the differences between them, because otherwise I might have accidentally wished Emily Binx a good night instead of Madeleine!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, those are definitely the manger differences between you and a ghost girl that lived 300 years ago.

    ReplyDelete