Monday, November 24, 2014

I Am Thankful

Julia brought home this very sweet and special project from school today:

Julia
I AM THANKFUL
Julia



How do you feel when you do something for someone else?
I feel good and happy because I like to make other people happy.

List things you do for others.
I make them Christmas presants.  I make sure there all right.


Boy, oh boy DOES she make them Christmas presants.  Julia has already started on her home-made gifts, and her closet is full of wrapped gifts for various family members.  Her latest book of poems, one of which is about a stapler, promises to be an enticing read for its lucky recipient!


My family gives me many reasons to be thankful.  I am thankful for...
My family, my home, my food and water, my cloths, love, my friends, and nature.

List things that you're thankful for at home.
Cloths, food and water, my house, my family, my backyard.

Well, first of all, I'm really glad that Julia's family gives her many reason to be thankful for her family.  Secondly, I am really proud that she was able to focus on the essentials of living, things that not every child in the world actually gets to have, like food, water, and cloths.  The fact that toys didn't even make it on the list shows me that Julia realizes what really matters.


How do you celebrate Thanksgiving at your house?
I usily take a fall walk with my aunts.  I have about 3 pies, I eat turkey, stuffing, peppers, and pie.

List words that describe Thanksgiving.
Grateful
Thankful
Family
Gathering
Giveing Thanks


Okay.  Let me just clarify something here.  While Julia usily DOES take a fall walk with her aunts (and Clara), she doesn't usily EAT three pies.  We usily provide three different kids of pie for dessert, but Julia will at most eat a slice from two of them.  And she definitely doesn't usily have 3 pies, then turkey, stuffing, peppers, and then MORE pie.  But I'll let that discrepancy in her writing pass, because I love her words describing Thanksgiving so much.


My class gives me many reasons to be thankful.  I am thankful for...
My teacher, my friends, Eliot, my classrom, my princibal, other teachers, old teacher I had, the playground.

List things you're thankful for at school.
Friends
Teacher
Pricibal
my classroom
Eliot


I'm glad Julia seems thankful for her pricibal, because the long-standing pricibal of her school retired after Julia's kindergarten year, and the fact that Julia seems to like the new guy quite well is pretty reassuring.  Especially if he ranks as high as her beloved teachers, other teachers, and old teachers!



How do you feel when someone does something for you?
Happy, good, loved, thankful, grateful, like I want to do something for them.

List things others do for you.
Love me, help me, take care of me, keep me safe, get me stuff.

"Get me stuff."  Yeah, that one doesn't quite fit the sentiment of the other things people do for her that make her thankful.  But then again, she DID just have a birthday, so presents are probably fresh on the mind!


What a beautiful book of thanks, Julia!  All of us in the Rowe household are thankful for you!







No comments:

Post a Comment