Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Morning Mania

Julia was REALLY excited about her outfit this morning.  So excited, in fact, that she demanded I not look while she was getting dressed, since she wanted to surprise me with the full ensemble.  Not looking was a *little* tricky, however, as Julia needed help both with buttoning her jeans as well as buttoning up her shirt. 

JULIA: Mom!  You're not allowed to LOOK at me!
ME: Okay, I'm trying.  I'm only looking at the buttons.  I won't look at the rest of you yet.


Once the finishing touches were put on her outfit, Julia was finally ready to show off her get-up.

JULIA: But Mom?  Do I look TOO MUCH like a rock star?

What do you all think?:


Julia the Rock Star!



As we walked to school, Julia suffered the consequences of her choice to wear silver dress flats that are about a half size too big.  For every few galloped steps, she would have to stop and fit her heel back into her shoes. 

ME: Are you okay, Jules?
JULIA: Yes.
ME: I keep seeing you start to gallop, then stop.
JULIA: My shoe keeps getting messed up!
ME: Oh, I see.
JULIA: But Mom.  Did you know that when I'm feeling really HAPPY, I like to gallop?

Wait.  A.  Minute.  Julia likes to gallop when she's happy??  I had NO idea!

JULIA: And Mom, sometimes when I'm lying in bed at night and I'm feeling really HAPPY, I just want to SPRING out of bed and start GALLOPING around.

Is that why she stinks at falling asleep at a reasonable hour?

Since the galloping was continually forcing her shoe off of her heel this morning, I suggested that Julia just resort to walking instead, but I guess she was just feeling TOO happy, because she simply couldn't keep herself from galloping.

Gallop, gallop, fix shoe.  Gallop, gallop, fix shoe.  Gallop, gallop, fix shoe. 

We finally arrived at school, and since today is town-wide Walk to School Day, Julia received a school bracelet as a reward for her commute on foot.  (In our case, every day is Walk to School Day, but Julia is all for taking a free piece of plastic whenever it's offered.)  She was so thrilled over the reward that she completely spaced out on taking her backpack with her as she headed towards the school doors, so I had the delight of running after her, backpack in hand, calling her name over and over until she finally clued in.  Backpack securely on her back, Julia resumed her gallop towards the front doors.  Gallop, gallop, fix shoe.  Gallop, gallop, fix shoe.

Now let's just hope that her jammin' rock star looks aren't too distracting for the rest of the class today!

1 comment:

  1. I think I'd prefer her springing out of bed and galloping to babble babble time!

    ReplyDelete