Thursday, October 10, 2013

About Julia (and Madeleine)

Julia brought home a completed school project yesterday called:

A Book About Me
by Julia Rowe



Inside, I got to learn all kinds of interesting things about my daughter.
My name is: Julia Rowe
I am: 6 years old
My favorite animal is a: bualugas.  (Really?  I always knew she loves bualuga whalls, but I didn't realize they had surpassed bunnys as her favorite!  I mean, her about-the-author in her non-fiction book last year clearly stated that she loves bunnys!)
My favorite game is: my Harry Potter one (Wait.  What??  A Harry Potter thing is her favorite?  No way!)
My favorite food is: casudias (translation: quesadillas)
My favorite place is: nuhamcher (translation: New Hampshire.  I asked her what she loves about New Hampshire, to which she responded "because it has StoryLand, and the Whale's Tail!")


I got to learn about Julia's future travel desires on the next page:
These are the places I have visited: Julia circled them all.  Aw yeah, we've got a well seasoned little traveller!
I have also visited: Atlanta
I would like to visit: Anglind
I would like to visit this place because: Harry Potter lives thar.  (I hope she realizes that if we do indeed go to Anglind some day, she is not actually going to run into Harry Potter.  In fact, we'd be better off going to Orlando, where she can get her Harry Potter fix at the Disney exhibit.)


The final page shows off Julia's newly learned and desired skills:
I just learned how to: ride my bike
I want to learn how to: do handstands.  (I hadn't realized Julia would like to learn how to do handstands, but it makes sense.  After all, she has now learned how to do cartwells and the mukey boars, so she's knocked those two off her list of aspirations.  Handstands seems like the next logical step.)



Madeleine did not create a book about herself, but let's face it: Madeleine tells the whole world all about herself through her very actions alone.  For instance, take a look at how she decided to dress this morning, and see what you're able to glean about her personality:








I mean, *clearly* this get-up tells us that Madeleine aspires to be the first hula-dancing astronaut to go to space. 

Either that or it tells us that Madeleine is a kooky kid.  Take your pick.


And in other Madeleine news, as she sat trying to describe the physical differences between two kids at her preschool who happen to share the same name, she finally summed it up thusly:

MADELEINE: Well, the Finn that's in MY class has a really TALL face, and...and...and the Finn in the OTHER class DOESN'T have a TALL face.  It's like Ernie and Bert!

And the funny thing is, I totally get what she's saying.








1 comment:

  1. Does she know the bear I got her (that she puked on) is from Anglind???

    ReplyDelete