Friday, March 29, 2013

Swim Lesson Chat

What parent doesn't want to have this conversation with her child in a pool locker room, surrounded by other kids and their parents, including a parent that I know only casually from Julia's elementary school?

JULIA: (staring at my chin) Mom?  I think you better go to the doctor and get that PIMPLE checked out.
ME: (quietly.)  Thanks, Jules.
JULIA: What, Mama?
ME: Nothing.  Just saying thank you for showing your concern.  But I think it's fine.
JULIA: (loudly) Well, I don't know.  It's really a pretty big PIMPLE.
ME: Well, I think it's slowly getting better.
JULIA: (loudly) Well, it still looks PRETTY BIG to me!  Well, ACTUALLY, Mama, it kind of looks me like a FLAP of SKIN with RED under it.

Glad to know the entire locker room now knows the exact physical description of my pimple.

Meanwhile, during Julia's lesson, Madeleine showed off another classic, creepy artistic interpretation of Belle and the Beast:






Either Belle and the Beast are habitual tobacco chewers, or they have REALLY poor dental hygiene.  Don't wanna imagine the after-cake cutting kiss...shudder...

1 comment:

  1. By the way, in case you didn't really know, you have a really big pimple on your chin!! Oh my gosh, children can say the most humiliating things! XOXO, Been there too dear daughter. Love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete