Sunday, March 17, 2013

Company Party Aftermath

Last night, Ethan and I went into the city to attend his office party/St. Patrick's Day celebration, so the girls were left home with a baby-sitter.  When we returned later in the evening, we found that Julia had made us little love gifts because she'd missed us. 

I am the lucky recipient of the following:
I'm particularly fond of my "Abowt my Mom" bookmark.  My rosis are beautiful, and Julia remembered that I love blue rosis best of all flowers.  Not only that, but she colored me a blue hort, and, in case it wasn't clear that she was trying to treat me to my favorite color, she even included a blue square at the bottom (or perhaps it's a "bloe" square; it's kind of hard to make out.) 

Ethan received his own "Dad" card and "Abowt" bookmark as well:
I guess Ethan's "showr" is the equivalent of my blue rosis.  Julia knows that I dislike taking showrs, and that I dread taking one every morning.  Julia, herself, loves taking showrs, and tends to dilly-dally much longer than necessary, bellowing out songs to herself (or playing "Julia is an Opera Singer.")  Because Ethan also takes forever in the shower, and often sings to himself as well, Julia must have recognized him as a kindred spirit, and figured he too loves showrs.  And because prpl is his favorite color, he got a prpl hort, as well as a square colored prpl.

Little did Julia know it, but she had her OWN surprise gift from us, as Ethan and I made sure to bring home St. Patrick's day headbands and necklaces for the girls.  Julia is so delighted that she told me, when she got up to use the bathroom early this morning, "Mom?  I love my new headband SO much that I wanna just wear it EVERYWHERE."

What do you think of her new fashion look?  She sure is rockin' it, leprechaun style, n'est-ce pas?





Seeing as Julia gets so excited over simple little things like a shamrock-antennaed headband, and that she is very vocal about her current desires - not to mention her ever-elongating wish list - one would think that given the stereotypical genie-granted wishes, Julia would have no trouble banging out three in a row.  Not so.  As she watched a character on her tv show making his three wishes, Julia turned to me and announced: "Mom?  I can't really think of, like, three things to wish for, so what I wish for is for, like, PRINCESSES to be ALIVE, like Ariel and Belle and stuff."

Seriously?  That's what she would wish for?  Of all the concrete desires she is constantly verbalizing - going out to Cafe Sol Azteca for dinner, going to Plaster Fun Time, going on vacation to Storyland again, getting to go surfing in Hawaii or Malibu - she would pick having Ariel or Belle come to life?!? 

Dream big, Julia.  Dream big.

No comments:

Post a Comment