Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Madeleine's Pretend Play

Madeleine had some SHOCKING news for Ethan and I this morning:

"I'm not Simba anymore.  Because...Julia is TIRED of playing 'The Lion King."

No.  Way.  I can't believe Madeleine is willing to shed her alter-ego of the past few weeks.  Madeleine not being Simba is like Poopy Uncle Pants not being Poopy Uncle Pants.

Instead, Madeleine decided to play a game she called "Family Home."  In family home, Madeleine sits at her computer with her purse, filled with cell phone and camera, beside her on the table.  I'm beaming with pride to know I have set such a great example of what it means to be in a family home.

Here she is, hard at work:
As she explained, "I'm doing my VIDEO blog!"

Family home is not all fun and games, however.  As Madeleine typed away at her computer, she announced to me, "I'm playing family home!  Of course, my knee is really BROKENED." 

I've gotta say, that is one dedicated video blogger, not even bothering to take time off from typing to let her brokened knee recover.

The game of family home somehow seamlessly morphed into a game of sailing, in which Madeleine and I desperately hurried to sail our boat away before Captain Hook could get it.  As you can see from the following video, Madeleine's hiatus from being Simba didn't last very long:



Before I knew it, our hand gestures turning the wheel became a music and movement activity. 

MADELEINE: Turn the wheel!  Turn, turn, TURN!  Turn the wheel!  Hey Mom!  Let's do "Ram Sam SAM!"



So.  Despite how this blog entry began, here we are, back in "The Lion King."  As Madeleine explained, "I'm Simba, Julia is Little Heart Lion, Daddy is Scar, Gramps is Mufasa, and YOU'RE Nala!  Okay, Mom?"

If anyone else wants in, I'm sure Madeleine can easily assign you a part.  Hakuna Matata!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear Caffin Hook has reformed his evil ways and turned into a nice pirate. And into a girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that was Caffryn Hook, Captain Hook's long lost sister or something, who, according to Madeleine, stole a snowman.

      Delete