Thursday, January 3, 2013

Little Miss Random

 I really wonder sometimes if Madeleine lives on an alternate plane of reality.

MADELEINE: Mommy?  When were you just a little teeny tiny baby? 
ME: Uh...thirty-four years ago.
MADELEINE: Well, Mommy?  How can we get to thirty-four years ago?
ME: We can't.  We would have to travel backwards in time, which isn't possible to do.
MADELEINE: Well, Mommy, you need to go back to when you were a baby.
ME: Well, how can I do that?
MADELEINE: It's EASY.  But you can NEVER do it by yourself.  We need to ALL help.
ME: So you want me to go back to when I was a baby?
MADELEINE: (appalled) No!  I want you to just stay like a MOMMY.
ME: Oh.  Then what is it you were asking me to do?
MADELEINE: When you go for a place, where it's really long, for people to DRIVE to.  Where it's really cold and it's REALLY winter out.

As if the above isn't nonsensical enough, check out Madeleine's thought process while on the potty:

MADELEINE: (pointing at the bathroom ceiling while sitting on the potty)  Mom, that one's SCARY BEAR!  I name them different kinds of names.  Mommy?  Are those different names that have MOUTHS?

Take a look for yourself at our bathroom ceiling.  Totally a scary bear and different names that have mouths, right?:





Then, we have the following exchange as Madeleine and I were walking along down the sidewalk towards Julia's school this afternoon:


MADELEINE: (stepping over a patch of ice) Woah!  That sure is some ICE!
ME: Yeah, it sure is!
MADELEINE: But...we sure have a HAPPY DAY!

Yeah!  We sure do!  I mean, doesn't this look like a happy day??:


Man, I sure would love to be inside Madeleine's head for one day.  It's hard to know what's really going on in there.  Maybe if I go back to thirty-one years ago, I'll remember what it's like being a three-year-old...

1 comment:

  1. It's definitely a HAPPY DAY cause she's wearing her Auntie Cait's! From head to toe!!

    ReplyDelete