Sunday, January 13, 2013

Julia's Latest

Julia has been churning out new books like there's no tomorrow, producing a pile of novels over the past few days. 

Keep your eyes peeled at your local bookstore for the latest in Julia Rowe short fiction, including the following newly released, creatively titled works:

The Candy Cane Girl


Bonus feature: Look inside!  Here's a sneak peak at the first page:
"Did you know Christmas used to be all about candy cane."
Well, did you??  Seriously, if that doesn't leave you riveted and yearning to know more, then I don't know what will.


Other titles newly out by Julia Rowe:

Tella and the Tailing Tooth Bunny


and

Doctor Dudley and the Mysterious Wolves

Oooh!  A mystery!  How can I leave you hanging without at least a look inside:
"I'm Doctor Dudley.  I no something."
What?  What does he know?  Here's something *I* didn't know until reading this book.  Dr. Dudley is apparently not a human doctor, but a cat.  Or a bat?  Hard to tell.  Something with big black ears.

Okay, okay, I don't want to give the whole mystery away, but I think you deserve to see a little more.  Here's an excerpt from the middle of the book:

"But that is not all that wolve is got me worried."
Yikes.  That's not all?  What else is he worried about?  Is it the fact that the wolf has a penis growing out of the side of his face??

In case you're worried that this story has an unhappy ending, I assure you that things all work out in the long run.  As you can see from the penultimate page:
"Is big is small have what's bad and good love all love."
Awwww!  My heart just melted!  What a sweet and not at all confusing final message.  I won't reveal the last page to you so that I don't spoil the ending - you'll have to wait and pick the book up yourself for that.

Julia has not only created books, but she also produced this brand new game, entitled:
"Rock."
In order to play Rock, one must simply identify the things that are in the picture surrounding the rock.  Like: "scissors."  Or: "hair straightener."  Or: "square penis and testicles."  You know.  It's a cut-throat, suspense-by-the-minute type of game.

Finally, let us now turn our attention to the Barbie dollhouse, where Witcha is relaxing, letting it all hang out:

I guess it really is true that witches can't resist a full moon.








No comments:

Post a Comment