Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Today's Post is Brought to you by the Number Twelve

Julia burst out of the school building this afternoon SO excited that it's 12-12-12.  She even had this stylish hat to celebrate the day:






Apparently the date was a big deal at school today.  The kindergarten class even made a whole workbook revolving around the number twelve:





Inside the packet were all kinds of schoolwork, including a page devoted to writing out the word "twelve" as well as writing the number itself. 

There was also a page upon which the kids were seemingly asked to write a sentence with the word "twelve" in it.  Here is what Julia's page said:




"I wish I had 12 boanes."

I had so many questions after reading this.  Why does Julia want only 12 bones?  Is she aware of how many bones she actually has?  Why are the bones brown and square shaped?  Why are they outside of her body?  Why did she choose such a morbid wish?  Does her kindergarten teacher think she's a huge weirdo? 

Finally, I decided to go directly to the source to find an answer to my endless list of questions.

ME: Julia?  Why did you say that you wish you had twelve bones?
JULIA: (scoffing at my idiocy) Mooooom!  I said I wish I had twelve BROWNIES!

Well.  That answers a lot of my questions after all.

I will leave you readers with one of Julia's newly composed poems before finishing today's post:

(Allow me to translate this into standard English for those of you not fluent in "kindergarten spelling"):

Who can fight fun winter?
Who can fight fun winter?
Nobody.  Nobody.  Nobody.

Woah.  That's DEEP.





6 comments:

  1. I knew it was brownies!! I'm finally learning to read her stuff!

    And no "butie" is so adorable I can't even stand it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never would've guessed that!!!! Good thing she pointed that out so we could understand the orientation of the picture!

    ReplyDelete