Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve Greetings

Merry Christmas from two little angels!:


(Walking down the church aisle was about as far as Madeleine made it.  Even angels get overtired and overwhelmed by an audience sometimes.  I got to spend the Christmas pageant up on stage with the kids, with a melting-down angel burying her face into my chest, but hey, it could have been worse.)

And Joy to the World from Julia:



As you can see, Madeleine opted not to sing; however, that didn't stop her from bellowing out all three verses of "Joy to the World" in the car on the way home when the song came on the radio.  In fact, she even encouraged Julia to join along.

MADELEINE: Julia!  Sing Joy to the World with me!
JULIA: I don't feel like it, Madeleine.  I already sang it at church.
MADELEINE: But Julia!  Sing with me!  This is my FAVORITE song!
ME: I'll sing it with you, Madeleine.
MADELEINE: Repeat the sounding joy, repeat the sounding joy, repeeeat-
JULIA: (breaking into a coughing fit)
MADELEINE: (in wonderment)  Julia!  You sang "Joy to the World" with me!  Your COUGH sang it!

Madeleine also bellowed out a few lines from "Deck the Halls" during the car ride home, but ultimately conked out in her carseat, making bedtime easy for at least one child.





One down, one to go!

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good-night.

1 comment:

  1. I love those little angels. GREAT JOB ON JOY TO THE WORLD JULIA!!!!

    ReplyDelete