Thursday, December 27, 2012

Haircuts

Yesterday, Auntie Shannon cut both my and Julia's hair:






While Madeleine seemed to easily recognize her sister, post-haircut, she was apparently flummoxed by my transformation.  Coming over to me and shyly petting my arm, she then looked up at me and asked me, "What's your name?"

I mean, I know I look a lot like my sisters and everything, but I never thought my own kid wouldn't be able to tell the difference between Mommy and her aunties.  If I ever need to quickly change my identity, I now know that Shannon is the go-to person for my appearance-altering haircut.

Madeleine was full of all kinds of gems yesterday.  As I put her on the potty in the morning after she woke up, she announced to me, "Mommy, one time my poopies clogged the toilet and Daddy had to SMASH them down with the SMASHER I don't KNOW what it's called."

Luckily, her contribution to the toilet yesterday morning was just a stream of pee that did NOT need to be smashed down with the smasher.

Today we are back at home after a very brief, whirlwind trip to Yiayia's house in CT.  As I gaze outside at the deluge soaking the streets, I am reeeeeally thankful for all the brand new toys all over our house, promising to keep the house-bound kids entertained today.  Hope you readers are all warm and cozy wherever you are today as well!



3 comments:

  1. It was the perfect Christmas with all of you here. The girls were a delight to everyone, as usual. Love you all so much! XOXO, Yiayia

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute in that picture Court.

    ReplyDelete