Saturday, December 29, 2012

Bedtime Chatter

Bedtime this evening was full of random Madeleine-isms, beginning with her assigning me a brand new nickname.

MADELEINE: Mommy?  Are you FART-BARK?

After I read her two bedtime stories and we lay cuddling in her bed, she had lots to chatter about on the subject of Santa Claus.

MADELEINE: Mommy?  But why does Julia's Little People Santa Claus say "Ho, ho, ho?"
ME: Why?  Why do you think?
MADELEINE: Because I want him to.
ME: Well, isn't that what Santa says?
MADELEINE: (silent, contemplative)  But...Santa Claus isn't a PIRATE.

(Random much??)

ME: He's not.  That's true.
MADELEINE: So...why does he say "Ho ho ho?"

(Aha.  I get it.)

ME: Pirates say "YO Ho Ho."  Not "Ho ho ho."
MADELEINE: No.  Pirates say "Ho ho ho."  Or maybe they say "OH oh oh what fun it is to ride in a one-horse opened sleigh."

(Okay, I *thought* I got it, but now I'm not so sure.)

ME: Oh.  They do, huh?
MADELEINE: Yeah.  But...Mom?  That song SURE is a SNOW SONG!

Apparently the Santa Claus musings were not over, because after a few moments of laying beside me silently, Madeleine suddenly piped up with more.

MADELEINE: Mom?  I look like I'm SANTA CLAUS.
ME: You do?  What makes you look like Santa Claus?
MADELEINE: Um...my...my red things...and...and..my white things, and...and...my...my...my...my purple things.
ME: You look like Santa because of your red things and your white things and your purple things?
MADELEINE: Yeah.  And my big, big sack with all the RAINBOW toys inside.

Well, if that isn't the most convincing argument for looking like Santa Claus, I'm not sure what is.

Take a look for yourself: Madeleine and Santa side by side.  Can you even tell who is who?? 






Well, until next time, this is Fart-Bark signing off...

3 comments:

  1. She's right on! (except for the new name) Santa and good pirates have a lot in common.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BAHAHAHAHAHAHA. This whole post literally made me laugh outloud. I do think Fart-Bark suits you though...it's very fitting of the activities that take up most of your time - farting and barking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. she doesn't do that around us or is extremely careful

    ReplyDelete