Thursday, February 2, 2012

More Valentines

Julia still has Valentine's Day on the brain, continuing with her clandestine Valentine pictures and various other gifts she plans to give the rest of us in the Rowe household. As I walked up the stairs towards her room this morning, I discovered she was hard at work on a special Valentine picture for me, as she frantically cried out, ""Mom, don't look, because I'm making a card for you! It's for Valentine's Day!"

I guess her excitement over this newest picture was too great for her to keep completely mum, because a few moments later she came to find me and give me a little taste of what's to come: "Mom, I think when you see your card, you're gonna LOVE it. Because, Mom, I'll tell you what my writing looked like." (Here, she paused to hold out an orange crayon.) "I think that when I was writing with this, it looked like PUMPKIN GOOP."

Pumpkin goop, oh yeah. She does know that I love me some pumpkin. I honestly can't wait to see my picture...

Beyond working on her pictures, Julia even incorporated Valentine's Day into one of her made-up knock-knock jokes today:

JULIA: Mama! Knock-knock!
ME: Who's there?
JULIA: Valentine's Day.
ME: Valentine's Day who?
JULIA: Valentine's Day I love you!

Ten minutes or so later, Julia wanted to make sure her loving message had truly hit me where it counts. Running into my bedroom, where I was getting dressed for running, she inquired, "Mama, did your heart just FILL WITH LOVE when you said, 'Valentine's Day who?' and I said 'Valentine's Day I love you?"

I assured her that indeed, it did.

Madeleine has not been talking about Valentine's Day, but she did have a lot to say about the "lousy train" this morning:



Yeah. That lousy purple train. Seriously.

1 comment:

  1. Good thing you have Julia in the background speaking for Madeleine at every possible chance! Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete