Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Highlights

Some of today's highlights...


Curious George Potty Break:
While watching our usual morning "Curious George" episode, Madeleine had to go the the bathroom, and wanted to make sure George understood why she was running off.
MADELEINE: (pointing at the screen) George, I need to go poopies! (hurrying herself off towards the bathroom.)

CVS Frog Hop:
After dropping Julia off at her February vacation "Snowflake Camp," Madeleine and I made a quick run to CVS to pick up some essentials. As I finished paying, she disobediently dashed off towards the automatic glass double doors. I stood there signing for my purchase, shouting to her to wait for me. When I finally got to the doors and started walking out, calling for her to follow me, she decided to change speeds and deemed it an appropriate time to get down on hands and feet and frog-hop her way out the doors. As she took each minuscule hop forward and I beckoned, "Come on, Madeleine, hurry up," I wondered what the rest of the CVS patrons made of the whole spectacle. Once outside on the pavement, she felt the need to clarify what it was she had been doing, just in case her actions hadn't made it abundantly clear: "I just HOPPED."

Naptime Love Gazing:
After we picked Julia up from camp, Madeleine and I went up to her room to get ready for nap. Since it was past her usual naptime, she conked out within a few minutes of me snuggling her on the couch in her room, and I was about to get up and put her in her crib when Julia tiptoed in. Seeing her sister asleep in my arms, Julia quietly crept over to the side of the couch and gazed lovingly at her sister, whispering to me, "She looks so cute sleeping!" After staring reverently at Madeleine for a few minutes, Julia then turned her adoring gaze to me, proclaiming in adulation, "Mama, your pimples are so BEAUTIFUL!"


The Grumpy Old Troll:
And finally, the girls sing the "Grumpy Old Troll" theme song from "Dora the Explorer;" Madeleine was WAY more into it on our stroller trip to pick up Julia from camp, but alas, after arriving home and finding a package at the door, the girls were too distracted over what might be inside to fully engage in some good old Dora role-playing with me:

3 comments:

  1. I want to play your Dora game Court! Save it for this weekend or the next when I'm up there!

    Also, I was literally crying laughing reading the CVS frog hop part and then I watched the video and it was all over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with Julia. I'd be happy to love gaze with her at Madeleine's sleeping face. XOXOXO, Love, Yiayia

      Delete
    2. But Mom, do you also think my pimples are beautiful??

      Delete