Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Today's memorable quotes and convos

While getting out of the car and walking towards the Y:

ME: Come on, girls, let's hold hands.
JULIA: Hold my hand, Madeleine!
ME: (heading to the front door) This way, girls.
MADELEINE: Mommy! I have a BUMBLEBEE on my nose!


In the middle of lunch:

JULIA: Mama? Do you know what my plan is for decorating my room?
ME: What?
JULIA: Well, since Madeleine has her room all decorated with stickers, I really want MY room to be decorated with stickers, so I'm going to use my Christmas stickers to DECORATE it!
ME: Oh, okay.
JULIA: (abandoning her lunch and running upstairs) Okay, Mama, so I'm gonna go figure out how I want to do it!

Several minutes later...

JULIA: (frantic) MAMA! MAMA!
ME: (shouting up the stairwell) What's the matter?
JULIA: Mama, the stickers I got for Christmas DON'T stick on walls!
ME: Well, that's okay. You really need special wall stickers to do that, so why don't you just come down and finish your lunch?
JULIA: But Mama! I want to decorate my walls just like Madeleine's room!
ME: Well, maybe we can get you some special wall stickers. Come on down and finish your lunch.
JULIA: (stomping down the stairs) Mama, I'm just going to be jealous for the REST OF MY LIFE.


While engaging in our pre-nap snuggles:

MADELEINE: (whispering) Mommy? Can you put me in my crib?
ME: Don't you want to do snuggles?
MADELEINE: No.
ME: (pretend crying) Waaah! I want snuggles!
MADELEINE: What's the matter, Mom?
ME: I need some Madeleine snuggles!
MADELEINE: (giving me a brief, impersonal head hug) Mommy? Can you put me in my crib?

A half hour later...

MADELEINE: (bellowing songs from up in her room)
ME: (going into the bedroom) Do you want to do some snuggles and I can help you fall asleep?
MADELEINE: No.
ME: Come on, let's snuggle. You need to go to sleep. (picking her up out of her crib)
MADELEINE: Mommy? Sometimes I just love Daddy, and Shannon and Caitlyn.
ME: Well, I love you. Come here, let's snuggle.
MADELEINE: (bolting up out of my embrace) Mommy? Can you CRY?

Sigh. My kids are so kind to me.

1 comment:

  1. HAHA WHAT!!! She can comprehend what saying "Mommy? Sometimes I just love Daddy, and Shannon and Caitlyn." would make you feel!?!?! Courtney. That kid. Sometimes she just makes me feel like I'm going to be jealous for the REST OF MY LIFE!!

    ReplyDelete