Friday, December 23, 2011

Play-date fun

Julia is not the only Rowe child to put on a fantastic show this week. Madeleine entertained us today with her rendition of "Little Drummer Boy," sung into a maraca masking as a microphone. Inspired by this performance, Madeleine's friend Anja quickly jumped up next to her and began a simultaneous execution of "Frosty the Snowman":






After such an exuberant play-date, which included Anja's older brother Nate playing with Julia, and a wild romp over at Creative Movement's open gym time together, Julia seemed ready for some down time. As she and I began cleaning up the aftermath of the play-date while Madeleine napped, Julia turned to me and said, "Mama? Don't you feel like it's just a little bit PEACE now with just you and me down here?"

She then got to work being extremely helpful: "dusting" her entire play kitchen with a baby hairbrush. She extolled her virtues as she worked, exclaiming, "Mama, aren't you so thankful that I'm getting my play kitchen so clean before Auntie Shannon comes over? Because I know that you and me BOTH want it clean when Auntie Shannon comes."

I wonder if my recent discussion about various ways to use a toothbrush inspired this creative method of "cleaning" her kitchen...

No comments:

Post a Comment