Sunday, December 18, 2011

More bags

Madeleine's need to cram her body into weird spaces has become increasingly more ridiculous. I knew when she brought me the object below and asked, "Mommy? Can you put me in it?" that she has reached a whole new level.



While she was not allowed to go inside the plastic bag, she continues to enjoy her LL Bean bag as a cozy space in which to stuff her body. In fact, she's gotten really wild and crazy with the Bean bag. Can anybody find Madeleine?:




Julia must have thought it looked like a lot of fun, because she decided to join in the Bean bag fun too:



The contortionist attempts continued once we were at church this morning; Madeleine not only squeezed her body into the narrow space between an open door and the wall, getting herself stuck and needing me to heroically rescue her, but she decided it was appropriate to try and crawl around under the pews in the choir loft. Thankfully, she also took a break from her gymnastics act and decided to join in the choir singing. Pulling my music stand down to her eye level, she began bellowing out "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and "ABC" while the choir carried out one of our hymns. Whenever the choir stopped to breathe or rest in between phrases, Madeleine resolutely persisted with her singing, so that snippets of her songs would suddenly ring through the air: "Q-R-S, T-U-Veeeeeeeeee!" Yeah. It wasn't distracting AT ALL.

Even a wildly active child like Madeleine needs a little break now and then, however. During one of the morning's few quiet moments, she decided to settle down with binky and Cowie on the floor of her sister's room:



And speaking of her sister, Julia informed me, after we'd returned home from church, that she believes her Little People horse's hair to be real human hair. "Mama? I think that maybe somebody who's old had to get a hair cut, and they used that hair on my horse, because don't you think this feels just like REAL hair?":



If any of you readers are interested in earning money for your hair, perhaps you can contribute to other plastic kiddie figurines in need of manes...

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, I dye my hair but not pink or purple. So, Yiayia's out of the running. Otherwise, I would go into my hairdresser and tell her I am donating my hair to the My Little Pony charity.
    Wink wink, Love, Yiayia

    ReplyDelete