Monday, December 12, 2011

Chatting with Julia

Julia chastises me for my shoddy job of washing her hair today:
JULIA: Mom! You keep pouring the water in my eyes!
ME: I'm sorry, I don't mean to. Tip your head back.
JULIA: And Mom, two times you poured my hair into my mouth, and it tasted RIDICULOUS!
ME: It tasted ridiculous, huh?
JULIA: Yes. Ridiculous, is, like, my word. It's, like, my new word now.
ME: Oh, okay.
JULIA: (silently thoughtful) Well, Mama? Does ridiculous mean silly?

Yes, I suppose it does. Or it can be a word to describe your behavior when you're giving me a hard time as I try and wash your hair...


Julia comments on the temperature of her water at dinner time:

JULIA: (taking a sip of water) Mom, is this, like, ICE CREAM water? It's so chilly!


Yes, it's dessert and dinner all in one! Ice cream water!


Julia tells me about her fantasy birthday party:
JULIA: Mama, I was wondering if we can have a night when we don't go to bed and we don't sleep and you have to be eight, six, and seven. Because me and Mary PLANNED that.
ME: Uh, okay. What else would you do besides not sleep?
JULIA: We'd just do fun things and also, kind of, clean up messes and do fun things and play.

Well, as long as she'd do fun things and like clean up messes AND do fun things, then, I'm in.

1 comment:

  1. I see Julia has picked up "like" - hopefully not from her Auntie Cait! I'm still trying to remove it from my vocabulary!

    ReplyDelete