Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Julia's school

Julia is in two different classes at her preschool; the three-day-per-week Dinosaur class, and the once-per-week Rainbow class. Yesterday, while at Rainbows, Julia and her classmates were asked to name one item they especially want for Christmas, then they drew a picture of their wish-list item. The wish-list is now posted at the school, filled with requests like a robot and more practical items like shoes. And then, of course, there is Julia's answer: "A colorful picture of me and my sister."

Hmm. If only I had known that before I went and bought her many of the *other* items on her wish list like American girl twin dolls and My Little Pony Twilight Sparkle... I could certainly have saved a little money and tried to hone my very poor artistic skills at the same time. At any rate, I am now convinced that Julia is a secret genius, because she figured out that she could fulfill her very own wish by choosing an item that she was then required to draw.



In all seriousness, I am truly touched that she decided to forgo wishing for any of the toys she has been drooling over in lieu of a more sentimental, homemade item. I guess all her drawings that she has insisted on wrapping and putting under the tree inspired her desire for a homemade gift as well.

This morning, as we got ready to go to school, Julia excitedly announced which class she would be attending today:

JULIA: Madeleine, are you ready to go bring Juchie to school? We're going to DINOSAURS!
MADELEINE: Yeah, I want to go to the dinosaur! Mommy, I want to go to the dinosaur?
ME: Okay, come on, let's get ready to go.
MADELEINE: (with jubilant cheer) Mommy, can we get my coat? We're going to the DINOSAUR BONES!
ME: No, honey, we're not going to the dinosaur bones. We're going to Julia's school.
MADELEINE: (bursting into tears of bitter disappointment) I want to go to the DINOSAUR BOOOOOOOONES!

Well, the good news is that I guess she's no longer scared to the dinosaur.

1 comment:

  1. Courtney...BAHAHAHAHA what kind of kid did you create!?!? I really would just love to get a glimpse inside Julia's mind for a day. I bet it would be a really interesting place to be.

    ReplyDelete