Sunday, December 4, 2011

Julia's 6th Birthday Wish

As I was putting Julia to bed last night:

JULIA: Mommy, for my SIXTH birthday, my birthday wish is going to be that Mommy sleeps in my bed with me EVERY NIGHT! (pause) And Mommy, I know that would be YOUR birthday wish, too.
ME: Well, I might miss Daddy too much if I slept in here EVERY night. Why? What's making you feel like you want me sleeping in your bed with you?
JULIA: Well, Mama, the thing is, I get SCARED at night. But when you or Daddy come in here, I get UNSCARED, so that's why I want you in my bed.
ME: What are you feeling scared of?
JULIA: (smiling shyly and shrugging shoulders) I don't know!

Hmm. So many choices, and the last thing I wanted to do was supply an answer that would bring an old fear back to life. The guy in her closet, the blue tarantula, spider webs on her ceiling... Seeing as she physically has to leave the room during the Curious George episode in which George accidentally rips a piece of artwork painted by an elephant (because she's scared George will get in trouble... even though she has seen that episode multiple times and knows that he doesn't...), it could really be anything.

Maybe she's scared to the dinosaur.


Oh, and by the way, totally random side note: Julia just informed me that Cartacarizza's real name is You Gotta Shake Your Pom-Pom.

1 comment:

  1. We've got to get that girl a big bottle of Monster spray. Keep it right by her bedside and spray all scary areas before bed! Hahahaha. Love you Julia, XOXO, Yiayia

    ReplyDelete