Friday, July 15, 2011

Yummy

I don't want to jinx anything, but I think Madeleine may have finally gotten past her vegetable strike. The last two nights she has eaten her veggies with no complaint, although I kind of relied on brain-washing to get her to eat her spinach on Wednesday (in other words, I spoon-fed her dinner while she sat on the couch watching tv.) Last night, however, she bypassed everything else on her plate in favor of her broccoli, gobbling it up with exclamations of delight as she ate it. When she was finished, she gazed warily at her ham, then assessed the rest of our plates to see she had not been given the cornbread stuffing the rest of us had.

MADELEINE: I want cous-cous?
ME: You want some stuffing?
MADELEINE: A cous-cous?
ME: Okay, I can get you some stuffing, but eat your ham too, please.
MADELEINE: (stuffing pieces of ham in her face.) Cous-cous?
ME: Okay, I'll get you some. (Scooping some stuffing onto her plate.)
MADELEINE: (immediately grabbing a handful of stuffing and shoveling it into her mouth.) MMMMM!! Yummy cous-cous!
JULIA: Madeleine, that's stuffing.
MADELEINE: (nodding with certainty) Yeah, it's a COUS-cous!

Today she enjoyed taking bites of something else; here is a video of Madeleine and Ethan in a full-on demonstration of their weirdness as they sniff and take pretend chomps of each other. Madeleine started it.

3 comments:

  1. Courtney - oh my gosh. WHAT A HAM!! I just love her to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PEEK-A-BOO! I see YOOOOOOOUU!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sniffing and eating together! How nice!

    ReplyDelete