Thursday, July 14, 2011

Madeleine and the box of Life

Some of you may remember that when Julia was younger, she pointed to the dad on the box of Life cereal and asked me, "Mom? Is that Gordon from Sesame Street?"

Madeleine had a difference of opinion over who this cereal box model actually resembles. Yesterday, as she studied the box, she suddenly pointed to him and announced assuredly, "Dat's ETHAN! Oh yeah, it's a ETHAN!":



Perhaps as all princesses are "Cinderella," all dads, in her mind, are Ethan. All babies continue to be "Baby Gaga," although after being corrected by Julia many times, she has started to get the hang of which baby doll is Baby Dashiell. In fact, she has shown a preference for Baby Dashiell lately, perhaps because she seems to think she herself is privy to all of Dashiell's baby doll accessories. It's not uncommon to find her walking around with the baby doll pacifier in her mouth, or sucking on the pretend milk bottles, or even hanging out in Baby Dashiell's bassinet:


Nice and cozy!

I know, I know, it must sound totally out of character. Putting things in her mouth? What? Cramming her body into weird spaces? What can I say. It's a shocker to me, too.

4 comments:

  1. and everyone who isn't Ethan or Cinderella or Baby Gaga is Uncle Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised it wasn't Uncle Mike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darnit Shannon! You stole my comment! I was thinking about that since yesterday!

    Courtney - Madeleine in that basket with that dopey face on makes me want to squeeze her guts out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dopey!! It looks like sheer bliss to me!

    ReplyDelete