Monday, July 11, 2011

Singing girls

Madeleine performs some of her favorite songs for the camera:



The girls also put on a more elaborate acting and singing performance later in the afternoon, which was inspired by a recent viewing of an old home video Shannon and I had "starred" in at the ages of 3 and 5. Julia was especially drawn to the scene in this movie in which I "fall" out of a tree (or, in other words, jump off the side of the couch, screaming dramatically and collapsing in a crumpled heap on the rug). Before long, both Julia and Madeleine were re-enacting the fall; Julia from the couch, just like me, and Madeleine from a low-to-the-ground chair, both girls breaking out into giggles as they lay crippled on the living room rug. For those of you who have seen the riveting Courtney & Shannon home movie, you'll be glad to know that neither Julia nor Madeleine thought the other was a wasp and attempted to step on the other.

Another scene from the old home movie that made a big impression on Julia was the scene in which Shannon and I perform made-up songs by singing into metal whisks (our "microphones.") She and Madeleine had a grand old time waltzing around the living room singing into our own whisks:



I think their musical talent is far superior to my own in my home video. Or, at the very least, their lyrics are a lot less repetitive. Go Rowe girls!

4 comments:

  1. COURTNEY ELF!?!? I mean, I thought she was going to start singing "I thought my cat was a tiger" any minute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss twankle twankle. Now she does twinkle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Caitlyn. If only she had her autoharp and a shoulderless dress on. And kept pulling the shoulders down more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an act! Perhaps called "Sister Act?" Love Yiayia

    ReplyDelete