Saturday, July 16, 2011

Saturday morning quotes and conversations

#1
JULIA: Mommy, it's pulling when you brush my hair!
ME: Well, I sprayed tangle spray before when I was trying to do your hair, but you decided you wanted to eat your snack first, so now the tangle spray is dry.
JULIA: I just mean that I want you to do my hair a different way, with less hurting!


#2
MADELEINE: (discovering one of my winter gloves and bringing it into the living room, laying it down on the floor, and pointing at the fingers.) One, two, fee, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine. TWENTY fingers!
(On a related note, she counted to seventeen yesterday, which was pretty cool.)


#3
JULIA: (sitting across from Madeleine at the little art table) Okay, Madeleine, you're at school, and here's your lunch that you're eating at school. (Handing Madeleine some plastic play fruit.)
MADELEINE: (grabbing the plastic cantaloupe) Mmmm! It's a TOMATO!


#4
JULIA: Mommy, can I play with my race horses all day, even at lunch and snack time?
ME: Uh... sure.
JULIA: I'm going to tell Jovina all about these horses. (Holding up the gray horse.) This is the SUPER SAVING horse! (Holding up the black horse) And the black horse is really gentle and sweet and kind, and when she's almost falling to the ground, the gray super saving horse SAVES her. And these horses can never leave their sister unless they try to find each other. If one of these horses goes too far, and doesn't see her sister, and goes the wrong way, then that's a problem. Do you want me to tell you what their next problem is? Well, the gray horse tries to run as fast as she can, and the black horse does too, so they can try to win the race, because I'm gonna pretend some of the horses like winning the races, and some don't, and sometimes... they might all get turns.

2 comments:

  1. What a complicated job being a mommy truly is! You have to be a beautician, an editor for story lines, an interpreter for mis-speaks, a mathematician, a cook/nutritionist, laundress, bather and all around wisdom to answer the perpetual questions. There are many more hats too numerous to list. There should be a tag line for such complex job: "Principals Only."

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHELSKFGAHWLEKTBAWLKEHGALKWHET Julia and that horse story. HAWLKEGHAKLHWT$LKQH#@$TLKH

    ReplyDelete