Sunday, July 10, 2011

Books

Ethan caught Madeleine "colorin' a PAPEW!" yesterday, and I was heart-broken to discover the artistic addition she made to the photo book I had given the girls for Christmas:



Now that she has given herself and Ethan goatees, Julia a mud facial, and me some nice chocolate smears, I think I will be designating this book Madeleine's copy, and ordering a new copy for Julia to keep safe in her room. Even though she had been caught in the act, she didn't actually fess up to having colored a papew when I asked her about it. Instead, in response to my exclamation of "Madeleine! What happened to this picture?", she felt it was more appropriate to point to my face and proclaim, "A Mommy a SUNgwasses!" Big, long sigh.

She was much more respectful with our books this morning, thankfully, asking me to read to her rather than attempting to color in them. As we read through "Aladdin," she had some astute remarks to make about the following pictures:


MADELEINE: (completely interrupting my reading of the story) It's a MONKEY! (squealing) Oooh-oooh-ah-ah!


MADELEINE: (pointing at Aladdin) Daddy! Daddy wearin' a HAT!
ME: Is that Daddy?
MADELEINE: (pointing at Jasmine) A Cinderella wearin' a TOWEL!

Um, close.

At least she seems to get the separation between books and coloring books today. After we read the non-coloring books together, she and Julia sat for awhile with their markers and respective Sesame Street coloring books:



Well done, Madeleine, with your colorin' a PAPEW!

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea, this post was going to be so hysterical! I was laughing so hard, I had tears rolling down my cheeks! Ethan did look handsome with his gotee. Madeleine, not so much. Poor Julia looks like her eyes got poked out and you, Courtney, look like a messy girl! Thanks, Madeleine for the "Adams Family" portrait! Love you, Mom/Yiayia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be waiting for the publication of the book series "Madeleine" and just like another famous imp - Ramona - I can only imagine all the chuckles Madeleine books will give to generations of families. Thanks for you impish ways, Madeleine. Love Yiayia

    ReplyDelete