Saturday, October 9, 2010

Question of the Day

Question of the Day from Julia:

"Do fish have a vagina?"

Answer from Mommy: "Ummmm... I don't really know. Hang on. Let me look it up on my computer."

I then proceeded to google the exact question she had asked me, and in the process came across a lot of very inappropriate links that did not answer the question at hand. After re-directing myself to Wikipedia and searching for "fish anatomy" I was able to tell her that while they do have a spout for excreting liquid waste, they do not in fact have vaginas.

The entire question came about because Julia was playing in the bath tub with her little plastic fish, filling it up with water and then squirting the water out, which led her to wonder if fish go pee, which then led to the above-mentioned question. I'm telling you, having an almost-4-year-old is really giving me a chance to expand my knowledge of subjects I would never have thought nor cared about.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. Somehow, having kids makes you smarter! Love, Yiayia

    ReplyDelete
  2. gargity google crotney. what are we going to do with this dope?!

    ReplyDelete