Monday, October 11, 2010

Madeleine eating and talking

Now that she has a whopping four teeth, Madeleine has gotten a lot more skilled at self-feeding; she is now able to take bites out of various food items like bananas, bagels, and slices of bread, rather than having me cut them into tiny little pieces or mash them up and spoon-feed her. She occasionally still gets a little too carried away and stuffs way too big a chunk into her mouth though:




Her talking skills are increasing as well - she is now saying a variety of words, including "Mama," "Dada," "Joo-Wee" (Julia), "baby," "uh-oh," "ball," "Wa-wa" (Yia-yia), and, of course, "O?" I tried to get her saying some of these words on camera, but as usual, she was a little overly fascinated with the video camera and not as willing as I'd hoped to babble away. She did give me "uh-oh" and "Mama," but wouldn't repeat some of my other prompts. She did, however, say "shit" multiple times in a row while reaching for the camera (our latest theory is that this might mean "see it," but honestly, who really knows?):

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAH. This cracked me up. The ABABABABAB with the hand at the end - I was dying...tears streaming down my face. She's so stinking cute.

    Good not talking as usual Madeleine!!

    ReplyDelete