Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Getting cozy, and new standing tricks

This morning while Julia was eating her breakfast, she wanted Ethan to read her a book. Since it was chilly in our house, Ethan got himself a blanket to wrap up in, and Julia asked him to wrap it around her as well. As soon as they were both snuggled together underneath the fleece blanket, Julia turned to Ethan and said, "Now we're as cozy as a whistle!" I myself, I must admit, have never experienced being cozy as a whistle, so it's hard for me to imagine what such coziness would feel like. Next time maybe I'll have to squeeze myself inside the blanket as well.

Madeleine is talking more and more, and did a full out "Doul-i-a" this morning while looking at her sister. She also mastered a new trick today: standing up directly from sitting down, without pulling up on anything. She looks extremely proud of herself as she does it, although she still proceeds to sit back down and crawl to her destination rather than attempt a step. I can't imagine it will be long before she tries, although she has been pretty stubborn about it so far. While not standing up from a seated position, she took some time to stand on her high chair tray like this:



Speaking of standing, I can hear her right now on the baby monitor; she's in her crib and is supposed to be napping, but all she wants to do is her new standing-up-from-sitting trick, followed by a flop down onto her bum, then standing up again, and so forth. This has been going on for the past 20 minutes, so I suppose that's my cue to end this post and release her from her jail cell before she figures out how to climb out over the railing.

No comments:

Post a Comment