Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Johnny Appleseed

I begin this blog post with a picture of Julia in her bed last night. Can you spot her amidst her blanket?:



And moving on to this morning: she pointed out this picture of Johnny Appleseed on the back of her Apple Cinnamon Cheerios box. Not sure what you think of when you take a look at him, but I can probably safely bet you have a different impression than did Julia:



JULIA: Look Mommy, a badger!
ME: A badger? You think this guy looks like a badger? That's Johnny Appleseed.
JULIA: Well, you know how I know he's a badger? Because he stole a pan and a purse.
ME: Oh.... okay.
JULIA: (thoughtful for a minute.) Well, Mama, maybe he's a badger, OR a thief.

5 comments:

  1. Oh I was thinking she was thinking of Swiper (isn't he a badger?) who steals things. But clearly that was giving her way too much credit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, Swiper is a fox. I think she was thinking "burglar" but she got the word mixed up in her head!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha. Good thing Johnny isn't a squirrel. Gotta love that mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought she meant Swiper too, but then I realized he's not a badger. Then I thought maybe he can look like a badger if his bag is like a big flat tail? Then I realized that's a beaver. Then I realized I have no clue what a badger looks like. So burglar is probably a better explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geeze, genetics shining through with Auntie Shannon. She doesn't know what a badger is either! Ut oh Julia! Hahahahahaha. Love Yiayia

    ReplyDelete