Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Bedtime behavior

Last night after hearing some excited squeals, I went into Madeleine's room to check on her, and found her not only awake, but like this:


Hi, Mom. I'm just hangin' out.

I had decided to forgo zipping her into her Sleep Sack, since it's getting pretty snug on her, and it seems she was delighted at the opportunity to see what cool things she could do once her legs were free.

Julia has not been goofing around in her bed at night, although she has woken us up a few times in the middle of the night this week. Two nights ago, I awoke to hear her sobbing hysterically in the stairwell outside our door. I bolted out of bed and ran into the hallway to find her making her way up to our room. "Julia! What's the matter?" I cried in alarm. "I'm coughing like I have a stomach bug!" she wailed. Uh-oh. I was afraid to know what "coughing" meant. THANKFULLY, it was not like the time she "spit up" in her bed (which really meant she vomited ALL OVER her room.) She had simply been coughing, nothing more. Phew. I think the stomach bug part referred to the fact that when she had croup really badly, she had a few coughing fits that were so violent that they triggered her gag reflex and made her throw up. Either that, or she was half asleep and her jumbled sleep-addled mind thought that it makes perfect sense for one to cough as if they have a stomach bug. Who knows? As long as there wasn't vomit for me to clean up, I can't say I really care.

2 comments:

  1. That little honey. I want to squeeze her cute little thighs.

    And Goolia - you're weird as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that little monkey! Guess she's singing "I'm Free At Last!"

    ReplyDelete