Friday, October 1, 2010

Hodgepodge

Yesterday I had the girls with me while teaching piano lessons, and Madeleine was starting to fall apart about ten minutes before I ended for the day. In a desperate attempt to distract her so I could keep my student focused, I started pulling things out of my purse for her to play with, including a box of crayons and a pen, neither of which interested her. I then handed her my brush, which she promptly put up to hear ear, saying "O?" She does seem to understand the true function of a brush, however; today after her bath she grabbed her little baby brush and began brushing her own hair. So apparently only an adult-sized brush resembles a telephone, in her eyes.

Madeleine has also been attempting to pronounce some new words, which is exciting. My favorite new word is "Doul," which is Madeleine-ese for Julia. She also tried to say Cheerios yesterday, and got pretty close to the mark with something like "Chooeeeoo." And I may be speaking too soon, but we haven't heard the "s" word in a few days... perhaps it's being phased out as some new words are phased in.

Finally, on a completely unrelated note, I leave you with this picture:

No comments:

Post a Comment