Monday, April 7, 2014

Random Conversational Fragments

Various random things that you would have overheard had you been in the Rowe household today.

In response to a CD of African folk songs that I put on:
MADELEINE: Hey Mama!  Are they singing in LANGUAGE?
ME: Uh, yeah, well they're singing in an African language.
MADELEINE: And Mama?  Is this music in "The Lion King?"

No, honey, that would be Elton John.


At the dinner table this evening:
JULIA: (talking in her way-too-loud, over-excited voice) MOM?  THERE'S THIS COMMERCIAL ON THE TV FOR PEPPERONI PIZZA, AND IT'S A BROTHER AND SISTER, AND THE GIRL SAYS: "WHAT..." "WHAT..." I CAN'T REMEMBER!

Good thing the only part she forgot was the punch line.


On a sugar high after dessert:
MADELEINE: Julia!  Here's my BUM!  Smell it!
ETHAN: Madeleine Emilia.  MADELEINE EMILIA.  Pull your undies up RIGHT NOW.
MADELEINE: (giggling to a point of near-gagging) Maaamaaaa!  Look!
ME: No.  No.  You don't EVER moon someone.  That's not okay.


Cleaning up the living room to play a pre-bedtime game of Family Wii Bowling:
JULIA: I'm throwing away a napkin that's NOT even mine!
ETHAN: Oooh, you just think you're so cool.
JULIA: No I don't!  I don't think I'm cool at all!
ETHAN: Yeah you do.  You think you're the coolest.
JULIA: I don't think I'm cool!  I don't even know what CENTIMETERS are!

Man, Julia, could you be more LAME?  You don't know what centimeters are?  No WONDER you don't think you're cool at all.  Only the cool kids know about centimeters.  Sheesh.



1 comment: